(navigation image)
Home Animation & Cartoons | Arts & Music | Community Video | Computers & Technology | Cultural & Academic Films | Ephemeral Films | Movies | News & Public Affairs | Prelinger Archives | Spirituality & Religion | Sports Videos | Television | Videogame Videos | Vlogs | Youth Media

View movie

item imageitem imageitem imageitem image

View thumbnails

Play / Download (help[help])

(112.2 M)Ogg Video
(113.3 M)512Kb MPEG4
(272.1 M)MPEG1

All Files: HTTPS
[Public Domain]

The Big Thief (1953)

something has gone horribly wrong 8-p
Prefer flash? · Embed · Questions/Feedback?

This movie is part of the collection: Classic TV

Audio/Visual: sound, b/w

Creative Commons license: Public Domain

Individual Files

Movie Files MPEG1 Ogg Video 512Kb MPEG4
drag_ep063_12_17_53_The_Big_Thief.mpg 272.1 MB
112.2 MB
113.3 MB
Image Files Thumbnail Animated GIF
drag_ep063_12_17_53_The_Big_Thief.mpg 5.6 KB
335.5 KB
Information FormatSize
TheBigThief_files.xml Metadata [file]
TheBigThief_meta.xml Metadata 865.0 B
TheBigThief_reviews.xml Metadata 2.1 KB

Average Rating: 4.33 out of 5 stars4.33 out of 5 stars4.33 out of 5 stars4.33 out of 5 stars4.33 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: GrouchoCaesar - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - June 17, 2012
Subject: It Took Long Enough...
It's taken 46 years to get around to it, but I've finally started watching the original 'Dragnet' TV series. If this episode is anything to go by, it was worth the wait.

Well aware that my perception of this show has been ...contaminated, shall we say, by exposure to 'Police Squad!' and ZAZ's subsequent 'Naked Gun' movies, not to mention countless other parodies and references, it was nice to see that it was still enjoyable on it's own terms.

I should get a kick out of the rest of the series... I hope.

Nice to know also that Joe Friday does have a conscience, too...

Reviewer: richgoup - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - February 20, 2012
Subject: The big thief (Dragnet).
Season 3, episode 16.
Original air date: 17 December 1953.
A gang of robbers are calling Los Angeles physicians down to hotels and mugging and robbing them of drugs and valuables.
Cast: Jack Webb (Sgt. Joe Friday), Ben Alexander (Officer Frank Smith), Dorothy Abbott (Ann Baker), Gloria Saunders (Alice Catherine Cavell ), James Bush (Dr. Platt), Alan Dexter (Dr. Halbert), Gil Stratton Jr. (Kenneth Alden), Art Gilmore (Capt. Harry Didion), Loren Brown (Edgar Cavell), George Fenneman (Announcer Opening: uncredited) and Hal Gibney (Announcer Cloing: uncredited.
From: IMDB.

Reviewer: jimelena - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - January 3, 2006
Subject: Thief
Same old stuff, but fun.